Season Greeting to all our readers. In the spirit of the celebration, I’d like to share a simple recipe that could be useful to us this season.
So today we’ll be learning how to prepare what is called buttermilk fried chicken.
- Milk of any choice
- Lime or lemon(10pieces)
- Seasoning of your choice, here we’ll be using; garlic, ginger, Maggi, salt, thyme, turmeric powder, onion powder.
- Flour of your choice(all-purpose flour, coconut or almond flour).
-Cut your chicken into desirable chunks and wash
– Put in a sieve to drain the water
– Get a clean bowl, pour your milk add little water to your milk if using powdered milk. (4sachets of milk should do)
-Add your lemon or lime juice to the liquid milk
-Add your desired seasoning.
-Add a little water to this mixture and stir( this mixture is known as buttermilk) then put it in the fridge to marinate for an hour. (Do not put in the freezer)
– Sieve a desirable amount of flour into another bowl, add salt to taste and other dry spices like turmeric powder, thyme, curry, black pepper e.t c.
-After an hour, bring out your buttermilk from the fridge.
-Stir the buttermilk gently as it would have thicker by now.
-Place a nonstick pan over low heat, add your desired oil for deep frying to get it hot.
-Take one chunk of chicken at a time and deep it into your buttermilk mixture, remove and dip into your mixed flour. Ensure that the chicken is completely covered in flour n spices as this gives it a crunchy taste.
For those without a fridge, put your chicken into the buttermilk mixture, stir properly and leave for about 3-6hours.
-Then fry your chicken to a golden brown. You can bake your chicken in the oven if you like.
You can use fish instead of chicken, then it will be called buttermilk fried fish.
Try this recipe and enjoy your homemade KFC standard chicken with your family and friends. Happy Celebration friends.